Monday, October 24, 2011

Timing? 1995 Chevy Luminia?

Timing? 1995 Chevy Luminia?

Ok here we go again. This has been an ongoing thing. As you can see from the post I have copied. The car is back togeather but now it will not run. When we got the car back togeather I tried to crack it and it just turned over very loosly(not sure how to explain what that sounded like). I checked the compression and one cylinder had no compression. I tried to start it again a few minutes later and the cylinder that had none now had 120 lbs I think it was. Now the car will start but it is not drivable it will backfire through the engine and you can hear it knocking loud on the back part of the engine. It is progressivly getting worse. I could drive the car around the block but now it will not even go two feet without fighting with it. Any ideas?





I posted the question below and then I got to work taking the heads off my engine. I got both of them off last night and out of the back three cyliners two of them have antifreeze in them. Myself and a friend of mine looked at the gaskets for both heads and didn't see anything wrong with them and we also looked at the heads to see if we could see any warpage or cracks. We couldn't see any. Any ideas? I posted the original post below so you guys would have all the details. Thanks for the help. My car is a 1995 Chevy Luminia with a 3.1 V6





This started back about 2 months ago. I was hearing a strange sound coming from around the serpentine belt. I had my brother look at it and he said it was either the tensonier for the belt or it was the water pump so I just replaced both. After I replaced the water pump, the noise did not go away and my car began to run hotter then usual. It was not running hot at this point just a noticable difference in the temp. Over about a week it begin to run hotter and hotter until it finally over heated completely and I changed the thermostat and put it in. I also put some radiator flush in. It said to add pure water(no antifreeze at all) to the flush and run it for about 6 hours driving time. It ran like a charm for about 5 hours driving time but then it over heated all of a sudden. I was driving the interstate when the temp shot up and I started to pull over then it went back down. It did this about three time then it over heated. I pulled over to let it cool down and then I got home(less then a mile from where I pulled over). I got home and I most of my water was gone. I drained the rest out and started to put antifreeze in and bleed the air out but I poured 2.5 gallons it. It should only hold about 2 gallons and it never got full. So checked the oil and it has antifreeze in it. Anyway after all of that I know I need to check the head gasket and few other things but I have no idea what I am doing or what tools I need. Any help or advice would be appreciated.





3 weeks ago

Additional Details

3 weeks ago



I took the cylinder heads to a machine shop. It turns out they where both warped. The back one where the antifreeze was in the cylinders was warped pretty bad but not so bad they couldn't fix it. I do appreciate the help.





Timing? 1995 Chevy Luminia?you're whole engine is gone i know you spent alot already but the water in the cylinders did it all you're bearings are done
  • bird
  • windows web server
  •