Monday, October 24, 2011

How do I bleed air out of my 98 Olds intrigue cooling system?!!?

my 98 olds intrigue has been overheating the past 2 days. My bf and I changed the water pump about 4 months ago and just changed the thermostat yesterday. It's still overheating.



We are thinking there might be air in the system (I can hear fluid gurgling inside the radiator and my hose that goes into the engine blocks vibrates when hot). there is a valve on top of my thermostat housing-is this what I use to get the air out? How do I do this (just unscrew the valve and turn the car on?)



the manual didnt tell us what to do.



thanks!!!How do I bleed air out of my 98 Olds intrigue cooling system?!!?You are on the right track. Where you see that bleeder valve above the waterpump, follow that metal line to the right side of the engine and see if you see one three feet over as well. You dont bleed any coolant system with the car running. Take the radiator cap off and take a 7mm wrench and crack the bleeder (crack means un loosen it one turn). Leave the car off during this process, car can be hot or cold, doesn't matter. Wait until fluid (coolant) starts coming out of the bleeder, it should be a steady pace, when it it, tighten the 7mm bolt and it's bled. If you have two bleeders, do the same thing to the other bleeder, good luck, hope I helped.