Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I need a diagram that shows me how to change my thermostat on my engine?

I have a 2003 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS and I need to replace the thermostat and the temp sensor. I don't want to bring it into a shop unless I have to. And my dad and I were gunna work on it together. But we're not sure where the thermostat is. So I was wondering if someone has a site I could go to that's FREE and shows me where I can locate those things.I need a diagram that shows me how to change my thermostat on my engine?That's probably the easiest thing to replace.

On the front of the engine by the water pump, there's what I believe is a plastic neck that comes out and has two bolts in it holding to the block, the hose should lead to/come off of the radiator. Take the hose off, take the two bolts out and that will remove the plastic piece, and your thermostat is right behind it. Replace the O ring while you have it outI need a diagram that shows me how to change my thermostat on my engine?The vast majority of thermostats are under a %26quot;goose neck%26quot; where the upper radiator hose connects to the engine.