Thursday, September 22, 2011

Car overheating or is it the gauge?

I had to change the water pump on my car, and now the car's temperature gauge shows it is overheating, but it is weird because:

when the car is first started it will run at normal operating temperature (190) for a while, then after a little while once driving it will rise up to 220 degrees and more unless i put the heat on.

I changed the thermostat twice, radiator cap twice, and the temperature gauge sending unit twice and it still does this. It was totally fine until I had to change the water pump. It is just weird how it is fine when the car is first started, and after a little while the temperature starts to rise after a little while once driving the car.Car overheating or is it the gauge?When this happened to a previous car of mine, I had to replace the Mass Airflow System. Quite spendy. It even started to lock up the fuel system and would say that the gas cap was loose, which it was not.



I suggest seeking professional advice. Might be worth it to go to a place that is certified by your vehicle's manufacturer.