Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to change a thermostat on a 98 honda passport?

digram of a thermostat on honda 98 passportHow to change a thermostat on a 98 honda passport?Some quotes from http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulleti



%26quot;...thermostat is right in front, under the coil packs and connected to the lower radiator hose by a %26quot;chevy style%26quot; water neck.



I know because I replaced it about 2 weeks ago during a cooling system service. The part was about $23.00 at the dealer. I get a discount there, so my cost was a few dollars less.



The coolant gauge was indicating halfway or better on the scale, now it goes up to about a third and stays there. The radiator hoses aren't nearly as hard with pressure as they used to be and the engine is much happier with adequate cooling.



When I was flushing the system, I couldn't run the engine with the radiator cap removed, the water would gush out like an erupting volcano. This was before I replaced the thermostat.



Another thing- the radiator's drain plug is located in a terrible position and is virtually useless. I ended up pulling the lower radiator hose to drain the water / flushing solution, this worked much better.%26quot;